Now You're Here
You've arrived and your ready to embrace every minute abroad. We love your attitude and want to make sure that you are safe! I know we sound like your parents but this is unchartered territoy. Looking out for yourself is the smart thing to do.
Most students who go abroad will experience some form of culture shock at some point in time. The new surroundings, new cultures, new people, new food, and a new language are all things you will need to adjust to.
How to deal with culture shock:
- Read as much as possible about the place your going
- Don't be confined to Americans, branch out and befriend locals
- Travel with experienced and knowledgable people
- Ask your advisors or parents for support
- Dont be afraid to take risks- challenge yourself
Here's a helpful Survival Guide to Bus Travel, trust us on this, being comfrotable while traveling on a bus is important.
It's important to know and understand your surroundings while traveling abroad. Below are some tips to stay safe!
- Separate your sources of money- don't keep all your money in the same wallet/purse
- Scan all major travel documents
- Get vaccinated
- Check the fine print and certificates of instructors
- Give it up- if you are getting mugged, don't put up a fight
- Don't pet stray cats or dogs- I know they are cute
Learn how to bond with locals here.
Money in the Bank
To receive the best currency exchange rate, we recommend that you withdraw money from an ATM when in the destination. If this is not a possibility, your tour leader will be able to point out banks, post offices and other places that you can safely exchange money.
Each tour provides trip specific itineraries with information on which activities are included and which activities are not. The prices are listed for add-on items to better help you budget your trip. Please factor in money for meals, souvenirs and additional activities that you choose to do on your own.
Handy Exchange Rates (fluctuation expected)
1 USD= 0.77 Euro
1 USD= 0.66 British Pound
1 USD= .99 Swiss Franc
1 USD= 20.24 Czech Koruna
1 USD= 5.87 Croatian Kuna