We are more than just tour operators. We are travelers, just like you, and we strive to bring you the same fun, safe, and high quality experience we would expect when we are traveler. We are your older brothers and sisters showing you around your freshman year of college. We are your travel partner and your friend. We provide you with more than just group tours.We are here to help you not just on our trips, but with advice in your home city, or when you are traveling somewhere we do not provide. We aim to grow as your abroad experience grows, to bring more students on trips to Europe and in North America, whether it is during a study abroad semester, or on a short getaway to Europe. Our goal is to continue making going abroad great, no matter where that may take you.
The Evolution of Student Travel
Bus2alps was started in February 2003 after a train strike in Italy left students stuck in Florence and unable to reach Interlaken. By reacting to student demand, Bus2alps has more than doubled its rate of growth every year in terms of customers, in addition to the number of destinations and departure cities. Bus2alps has since expanded to six departure cities, Florence, Rome, Barcelona, Paris, Prague, and London (in addition to students in cities like Dublin and Amsterdam joining trips), and has over fifteen destinations. For 2012, Bus2alps will now be offering more fly-in trips that will bring our top quality experience to any student in Europe, in addition to our new Spring and Summer Break trips for those who are currently in the United States. Each Bus2alps trip is carefully planned and consistently updated to remain to the top quality of the customer.
Why Bus2alps, Ltd.?
1. PRICE, VALUE, and CONVENIENCE - The Bus2alps experience provides its customers with the cheapest and most encompassing way to experience Europe’s top destinations. Bus2alps provides a cheaper and easier alternative than figuring out the train or negotiating the security line at the airport. Trips are hassle-free; allowing you to maximize your time spent at all destinations and make the most of your trip. You do not have to spend hours arguing with friends over how to schedule the week. You do not have to worry about missing most of the great sights at a destination because you did not know where they are located. You do not have to worry about spending a night at Milano Centrale because you did not know what time the last train home was. All of this is organized for your convenience.
2. THE ORIGINAL - This company started it all! We have done more trips to more destinations than anyone else. Local knowledge is king. We do not need to quote guide-books in our brochures or consult them for recommendations. We have been there and tailor our trip schedules so that YOU get the very best weekend! By knowing the destinations, we are able to save you money and prevent you from being overcharged or ripped off.
3. MORE TRIPS TO MORE DESTINATIONS - We are constantly adding new trips, destinations, activities and cities to meet client demand. Exciting, new destinations include weekend trips Istanbul, Rimini, new Spring Break trips from the US to Europe, Ski Weeks in Switzerland and Canada, and more Fall and Spring Break options for Europe students.
4. WE BRING FRIENDS TOGETHER - All Bus2alps trips are designed for anyone to join, whether it is by bus, plane, or train. Just because we don’t have a bus departing from your city does not mean you can’t join. All of our trips have a fly in option, and include all top-notch Bus2alps service. You can even join us from the United States on Spring Break or St. Patrick’s Day in Ireland. Therefore, you can meet up with your friends with Bus2alps, even if you are studying in Florence and they are in Barcelona, Amsterdam, or London.
5. AWARD-WINNING TRAVEL - Bus2alps's 'Florence 2 Sorrento' trip was recently voted the second BEST TOUR WORLDWIDE by over 800,000 Hostelworld customers. This award was voted on by travelers who have been on the different trips. Bus2alps uses the same criteria on all of our trips, so you can expect top quality and planning for each trip.
6. THE BEST ACCOMODATIONS - We use the top accommodation at each destination. We look for the best hostels, in the best locations, with the best facilities. We use the best hostels because of the incredible atmosphere and youth scene, something hotels cannot offer. Our hostel selections have great common areas and bar/restaurant where you can meet and exchange stories with people from around the world! Staying at hostels in Europe is the way all real travelers go.
7. THE MOST INCLUSIVE PACKAGE - Our packages are carefully planned so it includes all the necessary activities, and allow for discounted optional activities. Bus2alps includes local transports, ferries, fully guided walking tours, bike tours, welcome drinks, and free discounts. Bus2alps offers add-ons to our trips that can be paired with your booking so you can pre-book optional activities and receive a bigger exclusive discount from Bus2alps. There are no hidden check-in fees. Add to that discounts for booking multiple trips and it is an unbeatable deal.
8. FREEDOM OF CHOICE - Our guides do a pre-arranged schedule that is designed so that if you want to join them, you will get the most out of the weekend. It is not mandatory to do this schedule. You will receive a Bus2alps City Guide that will provide you with information about key sites, places to eat, nightlife spots, and other tips so that you can explore the city at your own leisure. In addition, your Bus2alps trip leader and the staff at our accommodation are knowledgeable and can provide any further recommendations within the destination.
9. SAFETY - In almost 10 years and over 35,000 guests on trips, Bus2alps has never had a serious incident on a trip. Traveling with Bus2alps is the safe way to explore Europe, as you will always be traveling with a group and an experienced trip leader.
10. WE CARE - Bus2alps truly cares about the student experience during and after the trip. We send out weekly surveys assessing the overall experience of each trip for each individual student. This feedback allows us to continually improve our trips and tailor them to current student demands allowing us to remain ahead in customer experience. Our staff is the friendliest, most helpful, and joins in on the trip activities and making sure that everyone’s needs are accommodated for. Our staff love what they do, and take great pride in having a positive influence on a student’s time abroad. Our staff truly care that you are having the greatest time imaginable on your trip.
11. WEB PAGE - Bus2alps.com provides students with the greatest ease of booking and most information. Bus2alps boasts a superior booking process and office staff. Our booking system is quick, easy to use, and allows you to make your own unique Bus2alps user account, which allows for you to change your passenger information and quickly book new trips with Bus2alps. Our new booking process allows us to track if you refer someone to Bus2alps, making you $$$ to finance your time abroad. No other company pays you cash for signing friends up. All our company information, including our insurance, travel bond and company registration details are online. Guest testimonials, videos, pictures, and experiences can be accessed and students can make decisions based on full disclosure of information.